Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Victoria’s Sponsors

So far Victoria has been kindly offered a free surgical treatment, by Dr Wanderley Severo Jr, who is an experienced Veterinary Surgeon, specialized in Germany in arthroplasty. His clinic will only be charging us for the cost of materials (the prostheses are clearly the most expensive item, but the fee includes anaesthesia and in-patient care too). We also made allowances to necessary exams, some specialized X-Rays, Victoria will undergo here in Funchal.

Here is a summary of our fundraising activities so far:

table charities

My father, who lives in Brazil, will be hosting us during the treatment period, which is still not clearly foreseen.

Here is Dr. Wanderley’s credentials:

Dr. Wanderley Severo Jr.

Member of the European Society of Veterinary Orthopaedics and Traumatology e

Member of the Brazilian Society of Veterinary Orthopaedics and Traumatology

Accredited and Certified by BIOMEDTRIX (Germany)

2 comments:

  1. Hello There.

    Clearly, this message has not reached the Portuguese community.

    Please register your pet at arcadenoe.sapo.pt

    Also, appeal at www.PortugalZoofilo.net/noticias-apelos.jsp

    There are many animal lovers in Portugal that should had contributed much more then those funds.

    Let me reorganize this first, see if this runs and I will donate something too. My girlfriend Rotweiller has exactly the same problem and I wanted help her dog too, so please understand that I will only do a symbolic gesture because it would be unfair at her dog...

    Leonel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caro Leonel, I must thank you for your consideration and time. I would like to agree with you regarding the breadth and depth of this appeal to the Portuguese community. I don't believe this is a particular problem with our community, indeed I appreciate that most of the world's institutions are collapsing, for the compassion necessary to hold our global communities together is being replaced by a generalized vacuum of principles, selfishness and materialism (please forgive me if I sound too negative). And that of course hurts the animals, the children, and Nature alike. But I do feel very much touched when encounters with people like you happen, from time to time... When we ask for help, we don't want anything unfathomable from anyone. Sometimes, words like yours mean a lot more than any huge material help whilst void of any genuine moral concern. I would have appreciated much more if all my friends, relatives, neighbors, who know very well what I try to do as regards the abandoned pets would only give 1 cent for this particular cause. The symbolism of such measures would have been wonderful indicators. Because that would mean the community is sensitive and people are helping one another. All and all to say my heartily THANK YOU. Egberto

    ReplyDelete

Around the Globe, Who Cares About Victoria?

Abandoned Dogs